CLICK FOR PDF
General Pool Rules
- No running on the pool deck
- No food on deck or in pool
- No chairs on the deck
- Any unaccompanied child at the club, must be 10 years or older. Any child under 10 years must be accompanied by a responsible party 13 years or older.
- All persons under the age of 13 years of age will be required to take a band test to swim in the main pool unaccompanied by a parent.
- All persons under the age of 13 years of age unable to pass the band test will be accompanied by a parent or responsible swimmer in the main pool (or at the edge of the pool on the apron).
- All persons under the age of 13 years passing the low band test will be allowed to swim in the main pool. Those swimmers may go off the lower diving board if a parent accompanies them on the apron of the dive well.
- All persons under the age of 13 years passing the high band test will be allowed to swim in the main pool, and dive off both diving boards.
- Diving is only allowed on the 5 foot end of the pool.
- No patrons are allowed on starting blocks.
- No balls allowed in main pool, including the diving well.
- Life vests and swimmies are the only flotation devices permitted in the pool
- No rafts, inner tubes, noodles, inflatables, etc.
- No swimming across lap lanes.
- Lap lanes are only to be used by serious lap swimmers, band testing, and swim lessons
- Flippers can only be used in lap lanes
- No hanging on lane lines or ropes
- Kick boards are to only be used for lap swimming
- Pool toys only permitted in the baby pool
- No jumping in the pool backwards and no flipping off the sides
- No rough housing in or around the pool
- This includes no pushing, no dunking, no shoulder swimming, no arms around other’s necks, etc.
- Do not allow kids on lifeguard stands
Diving Well Rules
- One person is permitted on the diving board at a time; divers must wait for previous diver to swim to the pool ladder before climbing the high dive ladder.
- One bounce only before jumping or diving.
- Divers must dive straight down – not out!
- Diving board users must exit the pool quickly; no idling on ladders
- Low diving board users shall use the ladder near the lifeguard stand and high diving board users shall use the ladder near the pavilion.
- One person on the ladder at a time.
- Diving board tension will remain at the highest tension at all times (except during Dive Team practice).
- High Diving Board users can only jump straight forward. Jumping towards the walls is not permitted.
- No sitting on the diving board.
- To be allowed to dive off the high diving board, a waiver must be on file with the manager; anyone who enters the water head first without said waiver, will lose swimming privileges for the remainder of the day.
- Banded children are not allowed in baby pool. If a banded child is playing and/or babysitting an un-banded child this is permitted only at the lifeguard’s discretion.
- Children should be removed if activities become too rough
- Un-banded children in the shallow end must be being watched by an attentive parent or responsible adult who is in the water or sitting on the apron at the edge of the pool.
- The responsible adult is an adult with swimming abilities. The adult may NOT be reading or chatting.
- Un-banded children are allowed in the deep end (not diving well) only with a parent in the water by his or her side.
- Children 13 and under must have a low or high band to swim in the diving well.
- Children with low bands may go off the low dive only when accompanied by an attentive, responsible adult.
- Children with high bands are allowed full access.
*Low Band Test: swim 1 length of the pool freestyle then tread water for 30 seconds
*High Band Test: swim 2 lengths of the pool freestyle then tread water for 30 seconds
*Any child under 13 years old must take a band test. While swimming, children must be able to get their arms out of the water (no doggie paddle) and put their faces in the water